Hensem Boy & Cute Gurl Follow Me!!

Thursday 12 July 2012

David Copperfield opens up to Oprah about his childhood abuse




In this clip from “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” TV host Oprah Winfrey performs her interview magic, traveling to legendary magician David Copperfield’s private island in the Bahamas for an exclusive talk with the master illusionist.
Copperfield opens up about his childhood, discussing the abuse he received as a kid. He first tells Oprah, “I love my mother, I love my mother’s memory, but there was a period of time where we got whacked.” He then asks Oprah if she was hit as a kid. “Oh, God, yes,” answers Oprah. “I got whipped regularly by my grandmother.”
With that encouragement, Copperfield explains, “My mom had a belt with metal tips, and she would come after me and left some marks. It was really painful. It was over little things, big things -- that was the way of doing it, and it was very harsh.”
The father to daughter Sky adds, “Now times have changed. We now have to influence our children. We have to persuade them. But up until my generation, it was about getting hit.” Copperfield then says, “She really didn’t want me to do this. Because of love, I think.” He added, “She wanted me to have a career that would feed my family.” -tv.yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment